Saskatchewan Immigration Nominee Program

Saskatchewan is a province in Canada located in its southern part bordered by the United States. The province is bounded on the south by grasslands and on the north by plateaus, forests, rivers and lakes. The province covers an area of more ​​than 6,50,000 square kilometres and has a population of just over 1.2 million. Like most Canadian provinces, Saskatchewan has a huge demand for immigrants, which the Canadian government is working hard to meet.

The Government of Canada conducts certain activities for the entry and selection of immigrants. One of the most popular immigration selection programs in Saskatchewan is the SINP or Saskatchewan Immigration Nominee Program. This program has become popular in recent year because of its low eligibility criteria and easy application process. SINP has 4 sections: International Skilled Worker, Worker with Saskatchewan Work Experience, Entrepreneur, and Farm Owner and Operator.


SINP Programs


International Skilled Worker

The International Skilled Worker Program is one of SINP’s most popular programs. This program has three more subcategories which are described below:

  • Employment Offer – To apply in this category, one must add a minimum of 60 points to the SINP program. You must have at least 1 year of work experience in the NOC (National Occupation Classification) you are in or have professional qualifications. Your language proficiency or CLB (Canadian Language Benchmark) must be at least 4, which is equal to a minimum of 4.5 in all four sections of IELTS. You need to get a full-time job offer from a Canadian employer. And last but not least, if you require a license for your profession, then you must have one to serve in Canada.
  • Saskatchewan Express Entry – Minimum points and experience in professional qualification is similar to the above subcategory to apply in this program, which is 60 points and 1 year of experience. CLB should be a minimum of 7, which is equal to a minimum of 6.0 in all four sections of IELTS. You must have an Express Entry Profile and get a Job Seeker Code from there. If you need a license for your profession, you must have one. You have to prove that you have enough money to stay and settle in Canada, which in other word means POF (Proof of Funds). You must have an ECA (Educational Credential Assessment) report to prove your educational qualifications. And the good news is, you will not need any job offer to apply in this category.
  • Occupation in Demand – Just like the above two subcategories, points and minimum work experience requirements are the same. The CLB requirement is a minimum of 4. The NOC or the profession you are applying with must be in demand in Saskatchewan. Professional license requirement remains the same. Proof of settlement funds must be shown here as well. You must have an ECA report, and the requirement for a job offer and an express entry profile is relaxed here.

To apply in any one of the above subcategories, one must have post-secondary school/training or diploma certificate which equivalence to 1 year of Canadian education.


Worker With Saskatchewan Work Experience

People who have come from other countries and not from Canada itself can apply in this category. But not only being a non-Canadia will be enough, but the people who want to apply in this category must be living and working in the Saskatchewan province. CLB score must be at least 4 which is very easy to attain, but the higher the CLB score, the more points the applicant will secure to increase the chances of getting selected. Similar to the International Skilled Worker category, Worker With Saskatchewan Work Experience also have subcategories. They are as follows:

  • Doctors or Nurses who are holding Temporary Work Permit and are working full-time for at least 6 months in the Saskatchewan province.
  • Skilled Workers who are working in the Saskatchewan province for at least 6 months and has a work permit.
  • Farm-workers under the NOC 8431 and 8432 who have work experience in the Saskatchewan province for 6 months and have a full-time work permit.
  • Those who are related to the Hospitality sector and are working with LMIA in the same province with a temporary work permit for 6 months.
  • Truck drivers who are working as Temporary Foreign Worker in Saskatchewan for more than 6 months.
  • Students who have completed their studies from a recognized higher secondary institution and have paid work experience in a similar sector from the Saskatchewan province.

One can apply in this category absolutely free of charge and the immigration process takes only 1 to 5 weeks to complete, for the applicants who get selected.



Coffee Restaurant


Those who are interested to settle a business in the Saskatchewan province can only apply in this category. One must first prove to the government that he or she has experience in operating a business for the past 3 years and have enough fund to settle a business in Saskatchewan. The applicants willing to apply in the category also have to prove that he or she has $5,00,000 (Canadian Dollar) and will invest at least $2,00,000 (Canadian Dollar) in their business. If the business the applicant is investing in is a partnership business then the investor must acquire at least 33% ownership of the business.

Foreign students can also apply to this program if they are interested in operating a self-owned or partnership business. But one must be of 21 years of age or above to apply. Not only the age and willingness to start a business is enough, but to be eligible to apply the student must have a high school or 2 years diploma certificate from Saskatchewan. He or she must have lived in the Saskatchewan province while completing their studies, must have 2 years Post Graduate Work Permit and lastly must score at least CLB 7.

Foreign students can apply to this immigration program for free of charge, but the foreign investors have to count $2,500 (Canadian Dollar). The immigration process can take up to 17 weeks or above for foreign investors.


Farm Owner And Operator

Tractor Farmer

To apply to this immigration program, one should have experience in Farming and must have a capital of amount $5,00,000 (Canadian Dollar). In addition to these two qualities, the applicant must also have experience in operating a farm.

There is a subcategory in this program, where people under 40 years of age with farming experience can apply. The applicant should have 3 years of practical experience in operating and owning a farm. Finally, an investment amount of $3,00,000 (Canadian Dollar) is also required to be eligible to apply in this subcategory.

The fees for this immigration process is $2,500 (Canadian Dollar), and the applicant has to deposit an investment amount of $75,000 (Canadian Dollar) in advance for the business.


Click Here to Calculate Your SINP Points

Click Here to Find Your NOC Code and Its Details

Click Here to Convert Your IELTS Score to CLB


Please let us know if you have any complaints or suggestions…


N.B: This post is made for informational and educational purpose only. You are requested to go through the Saskatchewan Immigration Official Website before using any information as the Immigration rules are subject to change from time to time.